Knee Replacement has become a common issue among senior citizens, with facts stating that above 90% people above the age of 65 years are prone to knee surgery. Dr Niraj Vora is a leading orthopedic surgeon in India and has been acclaimed as the Best Knee Surgeon in Mumbai. According to him, Knee Replacement Surgery Mumbai is now carried out with the aid of the latest technology in medical science and medical care taken by the best Knee Surgeons in India. What Dr. Vora, Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Mumbai opines, is that patients who are candidates for knee replacement, should be aware of the facts relating to knee replacement surgery india so that they are well informed before the surgery is carried out. Here are 10 important facts about Knee Replacement which can help you to pay more attention to your knee before your knee starts to give you trouble.
- During knee replacement, the medial and lateral compartments in our knee are replaced, and the patella is resurfaced if required.
- The average time taken for a knee replacement surgery is 60 to 90 minutes.
- The majority of the patients can return home within a week after surgery.
- According to a survey report, the number of knee surgery carried out in UK were more than 90,000.
- According to Dr Niraj Vora, one of the leading Knee Surgeons in India, Osteoarthritis accounts for 98% of all the surgical procedures.
- Women are more likely to undergo Knee Replacement. According to a survey report, women accounted for 57% of the knee surgery cases in 2012.
- With the susceptibility of knee replacement surgery increasing as we begin to age, it has been observed that the average age of patients undergoing the surgery is 69.
- During the last 10 years, the average Body Mass Index has increased, with 30.8 being the average for candidates for knee replacement, which makes them obese.
- The success rate of Knee Replacement Surgery Mumbai is 99%, which makes knee replacement surgery india a safe procedure.
- Cementing is the most preferred method to a successful knee implant, with 83% of the procedures following this method.
Taking note of these facts is equally important as important it is to consult one of the best Knee Surgeons in India when you find that your knee is giving you problem.